Frequently Asked Questions

At Nevada Water & Fire, we know that no two disasters are the same. Each is a unique situation with unique challenges. Knowing what to expect can be helpful during your property restoration process.

I have an emergency at my building or facility. Who do I call?

If you have an emergency and there are pressing safety issues, evacuate the building and call 9-1-1. If there are no pressing safety issue, you can contact our 24-hour hotline at  (775) 856-6666 so we can stabilize and begin immediate property restoration.

If you will be filing an insurance claim, it is also important to contact your insurance carrier. Nevada Water & Fire can work directly with your insurance company to streamline the process for you.

Is it safe to turn the power back on if the damage is not extreme?

If the electric, gas or water supply has been affected or even turned off by first responders, do not turn the utilities on until a qualified official or professional has checked the systems and determined it is safe to turn them back on.

How long will it take for Nevada Water & Fire to arrive at my location?

In most cases, there will be an estimated 1-2 hour on-site response time to any location within 50 miles of Nevada Water & Fire, depending on traffic, access issues, or other unforeseen circumstances. Response times vary depending on the impact of a catastrophic event, government restrictions, travel time and other factors.

I already have a maintenance team. Do I still need to call Nevada Water & Fire?

Yes. Think of Nevada Water & Fire as your property restoration partner. Even if your maintenance team has already handled the initial response, it is best to get Nevada Water & Fire involved as soon as possible. We offer more specialized services, tools and techniques that can ultimately minimize your business interruption, long-term damage and associated costs. We can work directly with your maintenance and emergency preparedness team to make sure all of your disaster recovery plans are followed and your business operation can resume as quickly as possible.

What is a work authorization form and why do I need to sign one?

Before the process begins, you will be asked to sign a work authorization form. This gives Nevada Water & Fire permission to handle property restoration in your building or facility and to communicate with and provide a courtesy copy of the invoice to your insurance company. Your execution of this form is important for emergency mitigation.

Are all of your onsite services performed by employees? Do you subcontract services?

The majority of services are performed in-house with Nevada Water & Fire personnel. We are not a franchise operation. This allows for much greater control over the quality and consistency of our services. Exceptions include major construction trades (i.e., electrical, plumbing, HVAC), specialty trades, engineering firms, environmental testing firms, and manual labor sources. Size, scope and location determines how much Nevada Water & Fire self-performs on a project.

My company is interested in establishing a relationship with Nevada Water & Fire for all of our property restoration needs. How do we start that process?

We would be pleased to form a partnership and on-going relationship with your company. This can be achieved several different ways:

  1. Contact us at:  (775) 856-6666
  2. Contact Us via our website. An account representative will reach out to your company to begin the process.
  3. If you are required to submit an official RFP or RFI, please send your information to info@nvwaterandfire.com Please allow as much time as possible to adequately answer your inquiry and complete our proposal.