Flooding of your home is the number one property loss in terms of total cost in America today. And of course it happens when you least expect it. A leaking pipe, backed up sewer or broken sprinkler and before you know it water has done its damage.
No matter what caused the water damage, a prompt response is essential. Standing water can affect carpets and furniture, warp or rot building materials and structures, damage electrical systems, ruin insulation, raise indoor humidity levels and create conditions conductive to mold and mildew.
Mold growth will occur within 24-72 hours.
Mold is insidious problem, that if not removed properly, under strict safety guidelines, can cause health issues from seemingly minor allergy irritations to serious respiratory illnesses.
Let our highly skilled, professionally trained, certified, licensed and insured team take care of you and your family.
Call Nevada Water & Fire Restoration Now! 24 Hours
Within minutes of your call, Nevada Water & Fire Restoration Specialists’ team of experts are dispatched to address your problem. Once on scene,
1) The project manager assigned to the file, a trained restoration professional, visits the site and assesses the damages. Using state-of-the-art moisture detection tools, he also determines whether water has seeped behind the walls, under the flooring, or into any other non-visible areas. Digital photos are taken so as to later assist the insurance adjuster in his or her claim assessment.
2) Trained technicians are called in to remove all standing water utilizing professional extraction equipment and/or pumps. When necessary, sections of base molding, drywall, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, etc. may be removed, along with insulation, in order to better access hidden damp or wet areas.
3) Carpeting is pulled up and salvaged whenever possible. Wet padding may be removed and discarded to aid in the drying process.
4) In order to speed the drying process and quickly reduce the humidity to a safe level, commercial-grade air movers and dehumidifiers are brought to the job site and strategically arranged throughout the affected areas of the property. We use only the most current, high-tech drying equipment available.
5) Di-humidification process is critical to preventing the growth of mold. We also use EPA-approved disinfectants to help minimize the presence of fungi, mold, viruses and other microorganisms that may have appeared as a result of the intrusion.
6) Important documents, works of art, furniture, draperies, computers, appliances and other electronic equipment are thoroughly dried and brought back to pre-damage conditions wherever possible.
7) The site is continually re-inspected over the course of the next few days to assure that the drying process is proceeding properly. Once it is determined that the affected areas are dry, any additional services required, such as carpet repair work, padding replacement, and carpet cleaning, are scheduled with the insured.